Omega-3s (EPA and DHA): Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are essential components of neuronal membranes (1).* Omega-3s are essential macronutrients important for immune function, cognition, memory, vision, and cardiovascular health (2,3).*
Vitamin A (as beta carotene and palmitate): Fat-soluble vitamin important for vision, bone growth, immune function, and skin health (4).* Beta carotene is a potent antioxidant that converts into retinol (5).*
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol (D3)): Precursor to 25-hydroxyvitamin D (active form of vitamin D), a fat-soluble, neuroprotective vitamin important for bone and immune health (6,7).*
Vitamin E (as D-Alpha tocopherol from NeuroCelle): Antioxidant that plays a role in neurological function and protection (8,9).*
Vitamin K (as phytonadione and menaquinone): Fat-soluble vitamin required for protein biosynthesis and enzymatic processes important for vascular health, cell growth, and bone formation (10)*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Swanson D, et al. Adv Nutr. 2012;3(1):1-7.
2. Molfino A, et al. Nutrients. 2014;6(10):4058-73.
3. McCusker MM and Grant-Kels JM. Clin Dermatol. 2010;28(4):440-51.
4. Sirisinha S. Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2015;33(2):71-89.
5. Pham-Huy LA, et al. Int J Biomed Sci. 2008;4(2):89-96.
6. Groves NJ, et al. Annu Rev Nutr. 2014;34:117-41.
7. Prietl B, et al. Nutrients. 2013;5(7):2502-21.
8. Lobo V, et al. Pharmacogn Rev. 2010;4(8):118-26.
9. Nooyens AC, et al. Br J Nutr. 2015;113(9):1410-7.
10. Hartley L, et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;12(9):CD011148.